Are you living a waste-free existence? Do you know how to enrich
We’re looking for well-written guest posts that help readers solve a problem or learn how to do something new in their quest to live more sustainably.
About Guest Posts
Interested? Here’s what you need to know:
- Word Count: Guest posts should be at least 300 words but no more than 1000 words. They should be actionable, which means that when someone reads your post, they learn something new that they can use in their own life.
- Images: All guest posts must include at least one (1) image in a horizontal format, at least 600 pixels by 400 pixels. This image must be your own.
- Links: You may include no more than one (1) topical link to your site in the body of the text.
HelloHomestead reserved the right to also add up to two (2) links to existing stories on our site. Please also include a brief (2-3 sentences) bio of yourself including links to your social profiles and site.
- Editing: Hello Homestead will edit posts for grammar, spelling
andclarity. However, we won’t remove your voice or change the meaning of your text.
- Promotion: If accepted, Hello Homestead will share your guest post on all our social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc). We ask that you do the same.
- Original Content ONLY: Sorry, but we only accept content that hasn’t been previously published. If accepted, we ask for 30 days of exclusivity before you can publish it elsewhere, including on your own site.
How to Submit a Guest Post
Ready to submit? Great! We can’t wait to read your submission. Here’s how to get it to us:
- Submit your full post in the body of an email. Please include the bio we mentioned above and attach that photo or photos (see above) to the email.
- Write “Hello Homestead Guest Post Submission” in the subject line of your email. Yes, really. We get thousands of emails daily. This is the only guarantee that yours will be read.
- Send your email to Editor Sarah Walker Caron. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- We aim to reply in a timely manner (2 weeks or so). But if you don’t hear from us, feel free to follow up once.