Are you living a waste-free existence? Do you know how to enrich
We’re looking for well-written guest posts that help readers solve a problem or learn how to do something new in their quest to live more sustainably.
About Guest Posts
Interested? Here’s what you need to know:
- Word Count: Guest posts should be at least 300 words but no more than 1000 words. They should be actionable, which means that when someone reads your post, they learn something new that they can use in their own life. And they need to be topical. This is a site about sustainability, homesteading, farming, homeschooling and living a more natural site.
- Links: You may include one (1) topical link to your site in the body of the text (and tell us in your pitch that it’s your site). Please do not include links to other sites, though you are welcome to suggest them in your pitch. Hello Homestead reserved the right to also add links to existing stories on our site. Please also include a brief (2-3 sentences) bio of yourself including links to your social profiles and site with your submission.
- Editing: Hello Homestead will edit posts for grammar, spelling and clarity. However, we won’t remove your voice or change the meaning of your text. We always share edited posts with writers for approval before publishing.
- Images: We ask that guest posts include at least one (1) image in a horizontal format, at least 800 pixels by 600 pixels taken by you. Please include this as a separate attachment from the post document (no embeds!).
- Promotion: If accepted, Hello Homestead will share your guest post on our social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc), as applicable. We ask that you do the same.
- Original Content ONLY: Sorry, but we only accept content that hasn’t been previously published. If accepted, we ask for 30 days of exclusivity before you can publish it elsewhere, including on your own site.
Please note: We accept guest posts primarily from bloggers with their own site. We do not accept posts from folks who are employed by content creation companies or who are paid to place links on sites like ours.
How to Submit a Guest Post
Ready to submit? Great! We can’t wait to read your submission. Here’s how to get it to us:
- Submit your full post in the body of an email. Please include the bio we mentioned above and attach that photo or photos (see above) to the email.
- Write “Hello Homestead Guest Post Submission” in the subject line of your email. Yes, really. We get thousands of emails daily. This is the only guarantee that yours will be read.
- Send your email to Editor Sarah Walker Caron. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We aim to reply in a timely manner but we’re also busy. We appreciate your patience and know a fast reply is appreciated. But sometimes we are on deadline for things and can’t get back to you within two weeks. If you don’t hear from us within 3 weeks, feel free to follow up once.